Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving!!

I have a lot of friends that posted everyday of November things they were thankful for. I didn't do that but today I wanted to list some of the things I am thankful for.

1. I am thankful for my wonderful Husband...We have had a great marriage....He loves me even when I am moody....Which might be too often....He supports me in everything I do.
2. I am thankful for my two handsome and smart boys....The best kids I could ask for.
3. I am thankful that I have a place to live...Its not perfect but it works for now.
4. I am thankful for my family....I miss them so much.
5. I am thankful for my husbands family....The best in-laws on earth.
6. I am thankful for my friends....Both old and new.
7. I am thankful for great memories....I love having good times to remember.
8. I am thankful for my job.....It is awesome having a job I love to go to everyday...Well most of the time....Everyone has bad days.
9. I am thankful for technology....Computers...internet...cell phones...It helps me stay in contact with my family that is far away.
10. I am thankful for the great teachers my boys have at day care....It is good to know the boys are in good hands while I am at work.
11. I am thankful for the church....It is such a good influence in my life.
12. I am thankful for good books....I was never really a reader until I got older now I just love to read.
13. I am thankful for running water.....You don't understand until you don't have if at your convenience.
14. I am thankful for rain....The land looks so much better when it is not thirsty.
15. I am thankful that I live in the country....My kids can run and play and they get to grow up with all kinds of different animals around.
16. I am thankful for art supplies....They keep my kids busy and it helps them develop creativity.
17. I am thankful for the times my boys play together.....I love to hear them playing and not fighting.
18. I am thankful for vacations.....A friend of mine said I have been on more vacations since he started working with me than he has been on in his whole life...It is also a great time to bond as a family.
19. I am thankful for my van.....I love it more than I can describe.
20. I am thankful for comfy pjs.....I love to get in mine and snuggle on the couch or in bed and read a good book.
21. I am thankful that my kids have a love of books too....They love for my husband or me to read to them.
22. I am thankful for helpful people.....Even if they are strangers.
23. I am thankful for the washing machine....Can you imagine washing all your clothes by hand?
24. I am thankful for the car wash.....I love for my van to be clean and vacuumed...with kids sometimes it needs it real bad.
25. I am thankful for my health....With so many viruses going around I am thankful that I haven't gotten too sick.
26. I am thankful for chocolate.....I try not to eat very much but I love it still.
27. I am thankful for facebook.....I like to play the games and I love to be able to stay in touch with so many people.
28. I am thankful for digital cameras.....I am glad you can see your pictures right away and delete the ugly ones.
29. I am thankful for things that are on sale.....I am a sale junky.
30. I am thankful for lotion and chapstick....I hate to be dry and cracking.

I am thankful for many more things I just couldn't list them all. I am glad that I did this post today because it made me think how much I really have. We should make Thanksgiving a biannual event. Then we would reflect on what we have more often.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Totally true Heidi! And I am thankful for lotion and chapstick too.... I have been using them a ton lately. LOL! I hope you have a great thanksgiving!