Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Helping out!

This weekend we had the opprotunity to help out Corey's sister. Three weeks after having a c-section she had her gallbladder removed. She had been feeling bad after the baby was born and we all thought that it was just taking awhile for her to recover. On Sunday she was feeling worse than she thought she should, so she got her husband to take her the hospital. Her mother was to watch the new baby until they returned. Well hours went by with no news (not unlike the er here). Finally after about 5 hours David (brother-in-law) called and said that Lindsey would have to get her gallbladder removed the next morning. They needed someone to watch the baby. I said I would do it. I like newborns. Well needless to say that on the second night at 3 in the morning I wasn't sure I still liked newborns. Lindsey is fine her surgery went well and she is now home. We had a good time taking care of the baby. Car 2 seemed to be a little jealouse. Car 1 would just look at Kealyn and say "she is bootiful, I love her." It was so cute.

2 comments:

Alice said...

That is scary for Lindsay but I am glad to hear she is alright.

Fun for you to babysit the new one. Even if you had to get up in the middle of the night, I am sure cuddling up to her was worth it. I want to see a picture of her.

The Rookie said...

Eeek...poor girl. I know how that hurts. Yes, pictures please. And more pictures of those cute boys!