Sunday, September 30, 2007

Hypospadia

Hypospadia, for those of you who don't know, is a rare birth defect that causes the opening of the urethra to be in the wrong place. In really bad cases the opening is at the bottom of the penis or on the scrotum. It also causes other problems with the penis.

We took our little Car 2 to the urologist this last week. We found out that he does have a very mild case of hypospadia. His urethra opening is just a little low and a little bigger than normal not anything too serious. He is having surgery on November 1st to correct the hypospadia and get a circumcision. The doctor told us the surgery will last about 2 hours. In preparation for the surgery Car 2 has to get 2 testosterone injections.

I am worried about my little Car 2. I know that the surgery will be a good thing for him to have. They say he will be 100% normal after the surgery if everything goes as planned. I just remember how small he was when he was born and I still kind of think of him as tiny even though is catching up. So please keep him and our family in your prayers.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

I hope the surgery goes well. We will keep you guys in our prayers!

Alice said...

I hope the surgery goes well. I am glad that it is fixable and fairly routine, but scary nonetheless.

Keep us posted :)