Monday, March 3, 2008

2 Fun Dinners!




This weekend we had 2 fun dinners. On Friday we went to a benefit dinner for my dear friend and employee, Sandy. She was diagnosed with breast cancer in August of last year. She had her breast removed in October. Since then she has been doing rounds of radiation and chemo. During all of this she has been unable to work so her bills are stacking up and her money is going quickly. Sandy is also a preschool teacher for a local day school/church. The women at the preschool got the idea to hold a benefit dinner for her. They planned the whole thing and then called Albertson's to see if we would donate some food. Of course we did. Albertson's donated brisket, chicken leg quarters, and sausage. Our in store HR person asked if we could help them sale tickets for the dinner. I was glad to see all the support that Sandy got from her Albertson's family. The night of the dinner a bunch of us met at the day school and ate together. When Sandy saw us she started to cry. I know it meant a lot to her to see such support. The place was packed, people had to get their plates to go because of the amount of support she got. I hope that we were able to help her with her expenses.




On Saturday night Corey, the 2 Car kids, my 2 brother-in-laws, their friend, and I went to Chuck E. Cheese. We had a blast. We had pizza and played games until almost 11 pm. The Car brothers LOVE Chuck E. Cheese. They cannot get enough of it. They could play there of hours. I like it because you can eat and play and it is a reasonable price. Corey and Car 1 love to play the racing games together. Car 2 loves the kiddie slide and the helicopter. I thought he would be scared of the helicopter but he just laughed and smiled. I think that they just might have their next birthday party there.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

That was a very nice thing for you guys to do for Sandy. Hope she gets the help she needs! :)

Your boys look like they had a blast. There is something fun about those racing games. I remember you coming with my family to Chucky E Cheese. That was a fun place when we were little.

The Rookie said...

Those boys are getting SO HUGE! What a good cause for Sandy.

Alice said...

Benefit dinners are great. I hope things go well for Sandy.

As for Chucky E. Cheese. I remember loving that place! Look how big your boys are getting.