Friday, May 2, 2008

Emergency Room Visit

We have not found out any results from Car 2' sweat test yet. However that did not stop us from spending several hours in the ER last night. It seems that Car 2 got into some drixoral allergy medicine. Corey saw him with the box and he had a green smile. Corey rushed over to him and saw that three pills were missing. Corey found two pills on the floor that had the green coating almost sucked off. The third pill was nowhere to be found. Corey called poison control and they said to take him to the ER right away. Corey came and got me I was in my room talking to my brother on the phone. As I drove us into town to the hospital Corey was calling everyone in his family to see if anyone could remember if there was already one pill missing. Nobody could remember for sure. When we got to the ER and was finally seen by the Doctor. The nurse had also called poison control and they told the hospital that one pill is not that bad and just to watch him for awhile. We sat in the ER room from 7 pm to 10:30 pm. All they did was monitor his heart rate, which was high because he was mad he had to be hooked up to another machine. Car 2 finally went to sleep which helped his heart rate go down so they let us go home. I am not sure if we will ever get ahead on his medical bills. We are still paying for his surgery last November. I think he is a keeper though.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh poor Heidi I know how well you do with hosptials and to be there two days in a row.Just know that I love you guys and hope every thing turns out okay love ya...mom

Anonymous said...

Heidi, You are just finding out what it is to raise boys. I spent a good many hours & days in the hospital with my boys. So I know how you feel. Hope everything is OK. Love ya. Aunt Judy

Ashley said...

I'm sorry thats very scary! Hope he is doing ok.

I'm scared for the days when my Jellyean will have to go!