Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Spring!!

We have a little spring on our ranch. It is kind of far from the house but today we got in the van and drove out there. Well as far as it could go anyway. We had to walk a little way. I wanted to take the kids to see it and I wanted a chance to take some pictures of the boys. Corey drove and his brother, Sky, came along to navigate. It was so much fun. Here are some of the pictures I took.
Would you believe me if I told you the second picture is of Car 2 eating a rock. Yes he love to try and eat rocks. Don't worry after I got the picture I took the rock away. Here are some more picture just because I took a ton and want you guys to see them.

There are two different ponds at the spring the lower pond, that you can see in the picture with me and Car 2, has fish in it. They are just little minnows but the kids thought they were neat.

Corey and I decided that we need to spend more time outside on the ranch it is so big and there are a lot of things to see and do.

*2 side notes- We didn't even get any rain or wind from hurricane Ike. I was disappointed because the boys love to play in the rain and puddles. I was also glad because floods are not great. The other side note is Car 2 broke my camera when we got back from the spring so I have to take it in to get fixed or replaced. Wish me luck that it wont be gone long.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Isn't it great to find a little peice of peacefulness so close to home? I would love to live on a ranch where we could give our boys those same experiences. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Stacy said...

Thats so fun to have that in your backyard. It looks like a great palce to build memories!

Alice said...

What a fun place to have so close to home. Your boys look like they enjoyed it. So cute.

The Rookie said...

How fun...I didn't even know that existed!