Saturday, October 11, 2008

Car 1 says the funniest things sometimes. This week it was homecoming for the local high school. On Thursday night they had a parade that went down town. I had forgotten all about it and had asked Corey to bring home pizza. Well I guess that he had to go this really round about way and he was kind frustrated when he got home. Here is the conversation that we had when he got home.

Corey: (annoyed) What was with the parade down town?

Me: Oh it is Tivy's homecoming parade.

Corey: (annoyed, Tivy was his high schools rival) Brother.

Car 1: (trying to sound annoyed) I hate parades.

Me: You have never been to a parade.

Car 1: I still hate parades.

Me: Car 1 they throw candy at parades.

Car 1: (sounding interested) Oh.

Corey: It is always the nasty kind of candy. Plus parades are just out dated.

Me: What do you mean out dated?

Corey: Like they would have been fun before TV or video games.

Car 1: Mom I just hate parades.

After that I just gave up.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Now that is funny! Isn't it amazing how much they pick up on at that age? We have conversations like that all the time!

The Rookie said...

Hehehe. Hahaha! Hoohoohoo. That's funny! And your husband! "Parades are outdated!" Bah...clearly poor Corey has led a deprived childhood (hello--no top ramen!?). Parades are NEVER outdated!

Ashley said...

I love parades! I bet Car 1 will love all the candy! I know I do! He is just trying to be like his daddy. :)

Alice said...

THat is so funny. I bet he would like it if he tried it ;). It is so funny the things kids pick up on.