Thursday, October 2, 2008

Wish I had a Picture!!!!!

Car 1 is getting so big. He likes to make his own chocolate milk. He climbs up and get a glass out of the cupboard. He gets the gallon of milk out of the fridge. He is even getting big enough to pour the milk into the glass. I make him let me put the nesquick in because he puts toooooo much. I can't believe that he is getting so grown up and independent. A few days ago while Car 1 was getting himself some chocolate milk the funniest thing happened. He got his cup out of the cupboard and poured his milk into it. I think he must have been planning on putting the chocolate in himself because up to this point he had not told me he wanted chocolate milk. I was in the other room cleaning and he came running in and he was really upset. He kept saying "My milk that thing is in my milk." I had no idea what he was talking about. I started asking him questions because I had no idea he had milk. He was starting to cry and he kept saying "The thing on the window is in my milk." I could not figure what the heck he could be talking about. By now I decided to go in the kitchen and find out what was going on. When I got there I saw his cup on the counter and the gallon of milk was sitting on the floor. I asked him what was going on and he said that he was scared of his milk. I looked in his cup carefully because I didn't know what was in there or where it came from. I found a gecko floating in his glass of milk. I really wished that I had my camera. Right now there are quite a few geckos around our yard and sometimes they get into the house. I guess it must have been in the glass and he just didn't see it before he poured the milk in. Poor Car 1 is now a little afraid to get his own glass for chocolate milk.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

oh the things that traumatize kids!! Hopefully he won't be scared forever!

Anonymous said...

that is kind of scarey I think I would cry to. love ya mom

Auntie Alfie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Auntie Alfie said...

What a story! Those creatures show up in the most surprising ways and places...He'll laugh later, though.

Alice said...

That is so funny. Poor Car 1, I would freak out if that fell in my milk :)

Sorry you are without your camera, that really sucks. When do you get it back?