Sunday, December 7, 2008

Picnic Fun


A couple of days ago the boys and I had a fun picnic. I got up to take the kids to day care so I could get some laundry done without their help. When I got to the van I realized that the battery was dead. Corey and I tried to jump start it with no luck. I decided to let the boys stay at home with me. Even though it is December the weather was beautiful so I let the boys play outside. They were having such a great time I couldn't get them inside to eat lunch. I got a blanket and their food and they had a picnic. They thought it was so fun. Now they want to eat all their meals outside.
After the picnic the boys had races up and down the new sidewalk in front of our house. (We just got a new porch and walkway.)
When I got the kids ready for daycare they both had on jeans, but when they knew they were not going they went in and took them off. Carter put on some shorts and Carson just went without.

I just love these boys!!!!!

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Did I mention they were also playing in the pile of caliche? Well they were and they loved it.

Anonymous said...

That looks so fun. It will be a while before we can have a picnic here because it is snowing today and there is another bigger strom coming the end of the week.love ya mom...

Alice said...

How fun. It is snowing here :(

Melissa said...

Isn't it amazing how something as simple as eating outside means the world to kids? It's so cute. My kids love to have indoor picnics with a blanket in our living room. The pictures are dang cute!

The Rookie said...

I love that second picture. So fun and carefree!

Chantel and Brian said...

I love picnics! I should try that with Parker sometime..although it's a lot warmer where you are