Thursday, July 10, 2008

The BEST News Possible!!!!!

I went today to get my biopsy. I was really nervous so I asked Corey and his Dad to give me a blessing. The blessing was really nice and it helped me feel better. I had to be at the hospital at 6:45 am. When I got there it was like the hospital was closed or something, there didn't seem to be anyone around. After going here and there we ended up in the right spot. (Corey and his Mom came with me.) When it was time to go and get prepped I was getting nervous again. The nurses took really good care. The doctor came and introduced himself and explained a little about the procedure. The nurse walked me back to the room where they would find the nodule with ultra sound and do the biopsy. Once I was settled in, the radiology tech was looking for the nodule so they could numb my neck. I was still pretty nervous. The radiology tech went and got the doctor and told him he would have to take a look at "this". Well as you can imagine I was freaking out by then. The doctor was looking at the ultra sound screen and he said "Your right it is a muscle." Yes folks that is right I didn't have a nodule at all just a muscle. The doctor said that he didn't need to do the procedure anymore because it was not a mass but a muscle that was growing up and pushing on my thyroid. I was soooooo relieved. They let me get up, get dressed, and go home.

Thanks for all the prayers on my behalf I really do believe that they helped me in my time of need.

8 comments:

Alice said...

Phew! That is such a relief. I have been thinking about it since last week when my sister told me they found the lump. I am so happy to see today that the whole thing was your freakin muscle! Yay for prayer, never mind the anxiety attack huh?

Anyway, glad to hear your cough is gone and the lump is nothing, such good news. Hopefully we can get together while you are here :)

Melissa said...

I am so happy for you! I am sure you are so relieved it's not even funny. It's never any fun being stressed like that and so nice to get through it all. And all for a muscle! LOL! I am glad there isn't anything else to worry about. Not that you don't have enough to worry about, huh?

Jenni said...

Yay that is AWESOME Heidi! I'm so glad things turned out so well & didn't need the biopsy done.

Anonymous said...

That brought tears to my eyes!!! The power of prayer and the Priesthood. That is the best news!! WHAT A RELIEF!!!! Now if I can just get some good news from my tests. Looking forward to seeing you guys the end of the month. Love y'all. Aunt Judy

Anonymous said...

We are so happy that everything worked out for you and your family!! I know that prayer really works and this is just proof of it. Can't wait to see you. Love you Your Utah family.

Wendy said...

That is crazy awesome. What a relief. :) I'm glad you don't have to deal with all stess!

We definitely have to get together when you come home. :)

Anonymous said...

OH good! phew!

The Rookie said...

Sorry about my delay in this--Alice told me the news a while ago but I haven't gotten to a computer in a bit. That is such a relief! I am so happy it is nothing at all. What a scare for a few days, though!