Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A Car 1 Funny!

On Saturday Corey, the two boys, and I were driving around town getting stuff ready for Corey's birthday party. We drove by a fun place that has the blow-up slides and bouncy castles. My boys love this place they would go there everyday if we let them. Well Car 1 wanted to go and he started in "Can we go to the bouncy place? Can we go to the bouncy place? I want to go to the bouncy place." Corey told him we couldn't go right then but maybe another day. We were both surprised when that seemed to work. Car 1 stopped asking to go and we went on with our errands. Well at least until Car 1 realized the road we were driving on only leads one place and that is home. This is the conversation that followed.

Car 1: Where are we going.

Corey: Home.

Car 1: But I want to go to the bouncy place. (starting to cry)

Corey: I said we could go another day not today. Our ice cream is going to melt if we go there now.

Car 1: (still crying and in the saddest little voice ever) Daddy you're breaking my heart. I was going to be so happy and now you are breaking my heart.

Corey: Did he just say what I think he said?

Me: Yes I think so. I wonder where he got that from?

Corey: I'm not sure but that is the saddest thing I have ever heard.

Now every time Car 1 doesn't get his way he says you're breaking my heart in his saddest sounding voice. He didn't get to go to the bouncy place on Saturday but I am sure next weekend he just might get his way. It is a fun place and hey we have a coupon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so funny!!Dustin said the same thing. But he always says you are breaking the little guys heart and that makes me sad as well. They most be related? love ya mom..

Jenni said...

Thats cute. Hey, when you get a chance shoot me an email, k? My email address is Ldsgirl1982@hotmail.com .

The Rookie said...

Hehehe...Now that's just manipulative! Too cute!