Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I Thought You Guys Would Like To Know

A couple of weeks ago I went to the doctor because I had a cough that would not go away. The doctor told me that my cough would get better on its own but he seemed to be concerned about something else. He told me I had an enlarged thyroid. He sent me for an ultrasound on my throat. Well the results were less than desired. I have a nodule on my thyroid. I now have to go and get a biopsy on it. This is going to happen on Thursday. They are going to find the nodule with ultrasound again and then they are going to numb my neck so they can get a tissue sample with a needle. I am pretty nerves but I am hopeful that they will not find anything more serious. A friend of mine has had this done and she says it is really not as bad as they make it sound. Also thyroid cancer is very rare and most of the time it is curable. Any way I just thought that you guys would like to know what is going on with me this week. The funny thing is the very next day my cough seemed to stop altogether.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I am so glad you are getting some tests done. Isn't it funny that life turns out that way? Something minor helps you to find something else that may be more serious. Good luck with the biopsy. You will be in our prayers!

Anonymous said...

We are praying to!! Hope everything is ok. Love ya mom

The Rookie said...

I'll be praying for you! Who knew you could be grateful for a cough!?

I really hope we can get together in August!

Anonymous said...

Good Luck! We'll pray for you in Cally!

Anonymous said...

You are in my prayers. Hope everything is OK!! It is real scary!! I know that God is looking out for you. You have 2 precious little boys to raise!! Love ya, See you soon!! Aunt Judy